We've been tagged! Maurisa from "Half a Dozen Productions" is passing on the meme to list 5 favorite devotions. Now, being German and all, I admit that I looked up the definition for devotion, lest I totally miss the point. According to Merriam-Webster it is defined in this case as "a religious exercise or practice other than the regular corporate worship of a congregation". Well, that's doable...
- I have a German morning prayer that I like to say first thing in the morning (if I remember). It rhymes, which makes it easy to memorize, but its content is pretty complex and covers everything from thanking God for His protection during the night to asking Mary to pray for us
- The Divine Mercy Chaplet (though not as often as I should)
- The Rosary (though not as often as I should)
- The prayer to St. Michael (I guess that's a prayer every military wife appreciates. Because of the line "be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil", I also use it when I feel a temptation coming.
- Evening prayer with the kids. I want to write more on that in a seperate post, but I really love that my three year old has started to chime in with his own thoughts when we say thank you for all the good things of the day.
But the meme isn't complete without tagging five more people, so here comes the list:
- Cynthia from Finding Great Joy
- Elisa from Elisa Loves
- Mrs. 2nd Lieutenant from For Where E'er We Go
- Our friend from Become What You Are
- Kaitlin from More Like Mary